top of page
  • Which is the best Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for international students in Australia?
    When it comes to choosing the best Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) in Australia for international students, it is important to consider various factors such as coverage, price, and the reputation of the provider. Some popular OSHC providers in Australia include: Ahm OSHC Allianz Care Australia (Peoplecare) BUPA Australia CBHS International Health Medibank Private NIB OSHC These providers offer different levels of coverage and have varying prices, so it is recommended to compare their offerings and prices to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Additionally, the Department of Home Affairs requires international students to maintain OSHC for the duration of their time in Australia. To compare different OSHC providers, you can visit and purchase the one which suits your needs best.
  • Selecting the correct Migration Agent based on your requirement.
    Migration is a process that can often be complex, but selecting the right Migration Agent in Perth to guide you can make the process much smoother. Perth has many Migration Agents available, with a variety of services to cater to professionals, students and families looking to settle in Australia. Experienced and reputable Migration Agents can provide sound advice to facilitate an efficient and successful migration experience. In this blog article, we will discuss the benefits of selecting a professional Migration Agent in Perth and the types of services available. When seeking professional help with your migration journey, it is important to select a Migration Agent who is registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA). Registered Migration Agents are required to adhere to a strict code of conduct, which puts the interests of their clients first. Furthermore, they must keep up to date with the latest changes to migration law and procedure, to ensure that your application is processed correctly and in a timely manner. There are many reasons why you would benefit from selecting a professional Migration Agent in Perth. Perhaps you are seeking assistance with your visa application, or need help with your sponsorship obligations. Migration Agents can provide comprehensive advice and support throughout the entire process, from start to finish. If you are a student looking to study in Australia, a Migration Agent can assist you with your student visa application. They can also provide advice on how to obtain work rights during your studies, and after you have graduated. Professionals looking to migrate to Australia can also benefit from the services of a Migration Agent. They can provide guidance on choosing the right visa category, and assist with the skills assessment process.
  • What are the Changes to the Job Ready Program (JRP) from 1 July 2023?
    From 1 July 2023, the Job Ready Program Registration and Eligibility (JRPRE) has ceased to be part of the JRP and is no longer available on the TRA Online Portal. Instead, the Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA) program has been reintroduced and replaced by the JRPRE. The PSA is a separate program from the JRP while remaining a pre-requisite for the JRP. The PSA is available on the TRA Online Portal from 1 July 2023. As of 1st July 2023 in order to lodge a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) Graduate Work stream you must be assessed by a relevant assessing authority as having skills suitable for that occupation. In simple terms, you must have at least applied for Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA) before you can submit your Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) application under the Graduate work stream. How will these changes affect you? If you are a current JRPRE applicant there is no change but please read the news item regarding the reintroduction of the PSA. Existing JRP participants and prospective applicants are advised to familiarize themselves with the updated guidelines and take note of changes that may affect them. It is strongly recommended to thoroughly read the JRP FAQs and the new JRP Applicant Guidelines. These changes are applicable to all participants from 1 July 2023, including existing and future applicants. TRA has assured that they will continue providing support and guidance to current and prospective participants, ensuring a smooth transition and clarity about updated requirements. For more information read TRA FAQs or contact Leading Edge Migration our team will gladly assist you.
  • What are the New Australian visa application charges from 1 July 2023
    The new charges apply to all visa applications received by the Department of Home Affairs on or after 1 July 2023. you can determine the new visa application charge (VAC) by using the Visa Pricing Estimator.
  • How to select the Best Migration Agent in Perth?
    There are many factors to consider when choosing a migration agent. With so many options available, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a migration agent in Perth. First, consider the size of the firm. If you are looking for a migration agent who can provide a personalized service, a smaller firm may be a better option. On the other hand, if you are looking for a migration agent with a large team of experienced professionals, a bigger firm may be a better choice. Second, consider the fees. Migration agents typically charge by the hour, so be sure to ask about the fees upfront. Keep in mind that the cheapest option is not always the best option. Be sure to consider the quality of service you will receive in addition to the price. Third, consider the location. If you are looking for a migration agent who is located near your Perth home or office, be sure to ask about the agent’s availability. Some migration agents may only be available during regular business hours, while others may offer after-hours or weekend appointments. fourth, ask around. Talk to your family and friends, and see if they have any recommendations. Once you have narrowed down your options, schedule a consultation with the migration agent to get a better idea of their services and what they can do for you. Leading Edge Migration always gives personalized service and will always provide the best option for you.
  • Is there any Income requirement for the Subclass 191 visa?
    The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa in the Regional Provisional stream is the pathway to permanent residence for eligible holders of: Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491) visa Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (subclass 494) visa. There is no minimum income requirement for the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191). There is no legislative instrument in place specifying a minimum income threshold for this visa. Primary applicants must provide notices of assessment issued by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for three income years out of the five years of their eligible visa. Primary applicants who have already lodged should ensure their application provides these three notices. Read more information about the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa in the Regional Provisional Stream.
  • What is the duration of Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)?
    Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) Graduate Work stream - applied from 3rd September 2023 will be back to the original duration of 18 months. Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) Post-Study Work stream will have a duration between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification. For more information please visit:
  • What are the Work restrictions for student visa holders in Australia?
    From 1 July 2023, student visa holders are restricted to 48 hours of work a fortnight. From 1 July 2023, student visa holders can work no more than 48 hours a fortnight while studying. Student visa holders have no work restrictions when their course of study or training is not in session. Student visa work restrictions were relaxed throughout the pandemic, and completely removed in January 2022. This allowed student visa holders to work over their normal limit of 40 hours per fortnight to address workforce shortages. This ended on 30 June 2023. The Australian Government has also announced that student visa holders already working in the aged care sector on 9 May 2023 can continue to work unrestricted hours in the aged care sector until 31 December 2023. This information is correct as of 13/07/2023. For more information visit
bottom of page