Acerca de

College Students

Student Visa

Student Visa (Subclass 500)

This visa is for students who want to come to Australia to study at a registered education institution. You can study a CRICOS registered full-time course in Australia. Eligible family members can accompany you to Australia. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your studies, generally up to five years. The student visa grant period will depend on the length and type of course.

If you are a student visa holder, you and your dependant family members have permission to work included with your visa. You and your family members must not breach the work conditions that apply to your student visa.

Work conditions for student visa holders

You cannot work until you have commenced your course in Australia. Once your course has commenced you are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session and unlimited hours when your course is out of session. Work that is formally registered as part of your course is not included in the 40 hours per fortnight limitation. Make sure you check your visa conditions to find out if it allows you to work before undertaking any paid employment.